Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

This year Hafen was excited to tell me months ago he wanted to dress up like a cop, which I fully expected to change as Halloween approached.
It didn't!
He looks so handsome as a police officer.



Hudson changed his mind at least once a day and and when it was time to go costume shopping we had to warn him that his costume of choice that day was going to be his costume for Halloween.
He decided upon Robin Hood.
Good choice I thought...



Sawyer was my roaring lion and quickly caught on to the roaring part when he learned that crawling and standing were not easily conquered in fur!



Grandma L said it looked liked typecasting to her...
But they decided themselves and even Sawyer showed his approval when I first tried his costume on. He chewed his paws! I mean, what lion does not chew his/her own paws?!!


The kids had a great time at the carnival and we all enjoyed trick-or-treating. At one point we stopped in to visit some friends and the boys were invited to take a treat.
Hafen took one treat and Hudson took one. And then Hudson took another and then another and another and another.

I was distracted of course, I mean I had a lion on my hands after all.

The rest of the crowd was laughing and quite entertained by my little Robin Hood.

I guess our host said it best when he said "I just figured he was robbing the rich to feed the poor!"
(note: I was sure when I saw Hudson's face, he was innocent...mom should have taught him better I guess)

3 comments:

Vera said...

They all look so handsome/cute in their costumes!!!

Laura George said...

How cute! I also had my own little lion, same costume. They are adorable!

John and Lindsay said...

So I love the Halloween pics, you have the cutest boys ever! The first thing John said when he saw the one of Hudson, he laughed and said that "he was robbing the rich to give candy to the poor."