Friday, August 27, 2010

Guys Weekend 2010

A Couple weeks ago we (me, Hafen, my grandpa, dad, brothers, and brothers-in-law's minus a few this year) went on our annual guys weekend. This year we went up to my in-laws cabin on Monroe Mountain. We traveled up on Thursday and with a few delays (the biggest one being my brother-in-laws truck breaking down and taking the time to fix it) made it up about dinner time. We set up camp and enjoyed a little rain and some good conversation. On Friday we spent most of the day fishing. Every year we have a fishing tournament with bragging rights for the coming year. I of course got the bragging rights of the smallest fish caught.

No that picture is not a joke. I really caught that fish and it was also the only fish I caught. Hafen almost caught the biggest fish but my brother-in-law was helping him bring it in and some how lost it at the last minute. Did I mention his son had the biggest fish? Thanks a lot Joe. In the afternoon we tried a different lake and fished through rain and hail but with no luck. I guess the fish didn’t want to put up with the weather.

On Saturday we had breakfast, cleaned up camp and headed home. On the way down the mountain we got caught in a nasty rain storm. Of course I happened to be on a four-wheeler. My grandpa (on a rhino) and I hurried down off the mountain while everyone else in the truck in van had the fun of sliding down the mountain. It turns out when in rains the road gets really slick. Once everyone finally made it off the mountain almost in one peace (My brother-in-laws truck hitch broke with my dad’s trailer on it my mother-in-law made us a really good lunch and we all headed home. All in all we had a really good time.


1 comment:

Alma Smith said...

So much fun. Really wish I could have been there.