Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long Long overdue update!


Summer time has kept us busy this year. Between yard work, the normal house work, 4H, and numerous trips to Las Vegas, I can honestly say I am almost ready for fall...almost! I have made almost a trip a week for 4 months now to the dental school to get my various teeth issues fixed. It has costed me almost nothing in dental work, but tons in time and gas. I will be very glad when I am finished. Only 1 appointment left.

4H went better than I expected. There were only 4 students and I had 2 assistants that rotated days. I am very proud of my little sewers, they did such a good job! I think I may do it again next year!

The first week of June we had a reunion in Heber City with Cory's siblings and spouses and his parents. Cory's parents rented a house in Heber City so we could all be together and enjoy each others company. We had a great time. Our adventures included the Heber Creeper, the Alpine slide, River Rafting, and the zoo! We had a wonderful time.

The rest of the summer is planned with various camping excursions, and harvesting veggies and fruit. Apricots are weighing down one tree, and peaches the other. IT has been nice to have our own trees produce this year. The branches are starting to tilt. I am supposed to be picking apricots right now!

No comments: