Saturday, May 2, 2009

Running hurts

This blog is mainly for journal entry for myself, but feel free to read on.

I got up this morning at 5:00am. Everyone was still sleeping. I got dressed, put my shoes on and left at 5:20. It was really nice outside, barely chilly really. I walked to warm up and then began running. I ran to Kershaw and back. I had to walk a tad, but less than I had thought I would. I arrived home at 6:15, or a tad before.

So for a while now I have been running. I have been trying to work on time and distance. Since I haven't been as consistant as I should have been, it's taking me longer to get where I want to be.

My quickest 3 miles so far is only 26 minutes. But I am trying to improve and I must say it hurts. I am also trying to extend the distance. This morning I ran 5 miles in under 55 minutes. I am not sure the exact time since I didn't have a watch. I just checked the clock before I left and after I got back. This time included warm up walking time but not distance(of about 1/4 mile). So I was feeling good about myself, and then I started reading what an average 5 miles should take... no longer than 47.5 minutes. I am still glad I made it under an hour, since I would be really embarrased if I had not, but I have to kill 10 minutes off. That is 2 minutes off each mile.
My euphoria has definately worn off.

4 comments:

Malma said...

holy moly melissa...impressive! We'll have to go jogging during the reunion...even if though you'll leave me in the dust!

Shoecrazy Sue said...

You go girl!! I have never been a runner, I am terrified the friction that my thighs create may start a fire. I LOVE the picture of your boys in the darling vests!!!

Matea_Bradshaw said...

That's great! I would like to be more consistant with all my exercise, but I have been trying to run a little.

Tessa Marie said...

That's awesome! Running is hard, so I get really impressed with anyone who does it :) Keep it up Melissa!