Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hmmm

So I keep saying I will be better at blogging...that somehow hasn't happened. Maybe I will work up to it!!
We are doing good. Hudson is getting very good at talking. He is putting words together to form sentences, which is great, since 2 months ago he was barely saying anything!!
Hafen has gotten really good at riding his bike. I love the days we can walk to the post office and often we walk to the park with him on his bike and Hudson riding in the wagon. If you saw us on the way home from the park it is usually Hudson walking, Hafen walking, and I am also walking while pulling the wagon with the bike inside the wagon. Quite amusing really. Hafen has become so animated when he speaks. It is very funny to watch. He will swing his body, use his arms to gesture, and wants whoever he is speaking to, to really look at him and pay attention to him.
We have started using tokens for a reward system for Hafen as well. He works hard to do his chores each morning and to also help me with various projects to earn tokens. His tokens allow him television, computer, etc. It seems to be working quite well thus far.
I am still sewing...I have started a few other projects and haven't loved how some of them have turned out. I am hoping to have a booth at the Memorial weekend boutique here in town. That is if I can get it together. I promise I will post a few pictures here in a week or so of projects.
I can't remember if I mentioned I was going to be the 4H sewing leader here in town this summer. I am a bit aprehensive. I am not sure I am knowledgeable enough for it and how do you teach a bunch of 10 year olds to sew? I am sure I will be pulling out my hair, or swearing, or something by the end of the first day! I am by no means Mrs. Judd! (my home-ec/sewing teacher)
I have also started a garden this year. Peas, Radishes, some herbs, are in my flower beds. I have starts of bell and anaheim peppers, artichokes, and tomatoes. Not sure how many I have left though, since I found Hudson digging the starts out with a wooden spoon a few days ago! I am going to have the rest of the garden on the North side of the house. It will be keeping me busy. I also planted some flowers that I hope will soon be up. I could use some brightness around me!
Cory has been staying busy with school. We found out last week that he can get one of his classes signed off and another as a corequisite instead of prereq. That means if everything goes well he will graduate after Spring semester of 2010! Yeah. That is only one year... I can do this for one more year, right?!

We bought a minivan. A grand caravan that has so much space, I dont' know how I ever lived with my small car. It is dark blue and has the stow n' go. We really like it.

We pulled the old floor out in the kitchen and put down square vinyl tiles. They actually look really good and now I want to paint the top of the walls. I still can't decide what color though. We need to put trim up still too, but it makes the kitchen look much nicer.
Other than that, we are just gearing up for summer. I am loving the nice weather and enjoying the boys alot. I am really spoiled to have them both healthy and strong and well functioning. I love their beauty and enjoy spending my day with them.

1 comment:

Matea_Bradshaw said...

Thank heavens your not Mrs. Judd! You'll do great! I LOVED learning to sew when I was younger.