Monday, July 20, 2009

Dreaming again

Yesterday I woke up at 8:00 a.m.! I have to say that has not happened since Hudson was born. Normal wake-up time at our house is 5:55. But as I was getting up Hafen ran into my room and yelled "1-2-3 Wake up Mommy" and it was soon followed by one handsome man holding a tray filled with a variety of breakfast food. "Could this be a dream", I wondered to myself as I started drooling at the sight of eggs and pancakes and a tall glass of orange juice. Cory let me sleep till 8 and I actually did? Wow! My husband had really brought me breakfast in bed (although I wasn't still in bed)? Yep folks, He did!
I decided I could be selfish and enjoy the quiet of eating all by myself in bed, or I could make it fun for all and we could all have a picnic on the bedroom floor. I opted for the picnic. We all had a marvelous time and I enjoyed seeing the bright smiles of my 3 boys. It was great and nice to relax together! What a way to start a day!

3 comments:

Vera said...

What a sweet husband. Maybe my dad DID teach him something good after all?!!!

Karyn said...

Now thats one good man you got there!

Tessa Marie said...

Hey Melissa! Its been forever! I just found out you guys are expecting again. Have you found out what you are having? Congratulations!!!